Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Seeking a Social Worker to work PRN at Baystate Noble Hosp in
Westfield, MA - Acute Rehab
Kindred RehabilitationServices is the largest diversified
provider of rehabilitation therapy in the country. Through
RehabCare and Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services , we provide
leading therapy to more than 2,000 sites of service across
different settings in the care continuum and have been managing
rehab for more than 30 years. We provide rehabilitation services,
including physical, occupational and speech-language therapies to
virtually every care setting including inpatient, outpatient,
skilled nursing, home health, long-term acute care and assisted
living. With locations across 47 states, we are certain to have a
rehab job for you.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary
team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work
together to form individualized care plans for our patients and
residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training
seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual
career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our
employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an
individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and
creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employees
dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each
patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune
magazines Most Admired Healthcare Company for 8 years, Kindred
welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches
As a Social Worker you will:
- Work closely with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team
to ensure the patient's medical, psychological and social needs are
- Ensure seamless delivery of care between healthcare systems and
interface with insurance carriers to facilitate continued
coverage/authorization, and authorization for next level of
- Assist the Program Director in assessing internal patients for
admission to the Rehab Unit.
- Have strong rehab experience and possess the skills necessary
to develop the case management, social work, and discharge planning
service for the Acute Rehabilitation Unit.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of changes in community
- Stay informed of Medicare regulations regarding acute medical
inpatient rehabilitation IRF.
- Have an excellent understanding of effective interface between
patients, families, and medical professionals.
- Knowledge of CARF standards, Medicare regulations for inpatient
acute rehabilitation are helpful.
Social Worker, SW,MSC, Rehabilitation, RHC, Inpatient Acute
As a Social Worker you will have:
- Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or
- If required by state practice laws, current Social Work license
(MSW) or eligibility
- Experience in the provision of Social Service preferred in
inpatient medical rehabilitation
- Social Service related experience in a health care setting
desirable, such as acute care and/or rehabilitation
- Must have clinical experience working with individuals,
families and groups.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic services provided by
various health and welfare organizations in the community
- Current CPR certification, if required by the facility assigned
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate
to the age of the residents served.
- Computer skills and knowledge of basic computer program
- Must have strong leadership skills
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee .
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc, Westfield , Social Worker, Other , westfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!