Per Diem Ultrasound Tech (Vascular Experience Required)
Company: Bend Memorial Clinic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Essential Job functions:
- Provides comprehensive care to patients requiring ultra sound
services in an organized and systematic manner according to
departmental policy and standards.
- Follows appropriate protocol for ultrasound studies unless
specified differently by the Radiologist.
- Follows ultrasound procedures for biopsies and other
- Assumes accountability for managing delivery of care and
patient safety. Promotes and maintains a safe, clean and orderly
- Produces quality diagnostic images for interpretation.
- Obtains and documents patient history and pertinent
information. Assesses patient for potential risk factors.
- Ensures proper identification of patient and patient
demographics in PACS.
- Clarifies and follows Doctor's orders.
- Completes work within an acceptable time frame.
- Maintains exam room cleanliness after each procedure. Adheres
to infection control standards specific to patient care.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and adjusts
priorities based on changing situations.
- Consults and communicates with other departments in a
- Plans delivery of care according to patient activity and staff
- Prepares patient for procedures providing instructions to
obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Ability to operate / modify equipment and technical factors as
- Ensures equipment is in acceptable conditions by conducting
routine quality control checks. Follows department standards for
reporting equipment malfunctions or problems.
- Processes self pay patients according to departmental
General Job functions:
- Ensures full utilization of the Ultrasound department.
- Provides leadership and support for the department; serves as a
Consistently Exceeds Expectations and consultant to staff; assists
in interpreting policies and procedures for staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, delegates and
assures the welfare of the patients and staff.
- Manages technical staff to provide adequate department coverage
within approved department budget.
- Accepts accountability for managing department protocols as
well as ensures all staff is aware of any new protocols
- Verifies exams in PACS system.
- Cancels and reschedules patient appointments as needed.
- Corrects and DONE orders when necessary.
- Replenishes and changes supplies in assigned area as
- Demonstrates understanding of safety, health and morale needs
of customers and co-workers.
- Other job duties as required
Education, Certification, Computer and Training
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 -4 years experience required.
- ADMS registry required.
- BLS certification required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to perform diverse work assignments with time
limitations with a high degree of accuracy required.
- Ability to use problem solving, critical thinking and priority
setting skills required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy
Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based
- Experience with Patient care equipment preferred.
- Experience with Ultrasound Equipment preferred.
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
- Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and
applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams
or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
Keywords: Bend Memorial Clinic, Westfield , Per Diem Ultrasound Tech (Vascular Experience Required), Other , Westfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!