Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Healthcare Resource Centers (HCRC) is looking for a detail
oriented and conscientious candidate for our Denial / Billing
Specialist role. The Denial / Billing Specialist will assists the
billing supervisor with billing activities, responsible for
monitoring denials, appeals, and resolutions from participating
insurance carriers and working proactively to collect from
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tracks all incoming claims denials (Mail, EOB's, from
- Review denied claims, makes required corrections and resubmits
to appropriate insurance within 10 days of receipt of denial.
- Verify if claim denial is a COB (Coordination of Benefits)
claim and sends to appropriate insurance with COB information
- Enter claims and COB information into website for patients with
Mass Health as secondary insurance.
- For claims that are not COB, charges patients for patient
responsible amounts from EOB's.
- Enter new patient insurance information into billing software
if changes are found.
- Enters alerts into system to alert fiscal clerks to patient
charges added to account.
- Check insurances online or calls insurance to verify
eligibility as needed.
- Run Alpha List update spreadsheet and other reports as
- Enters authorizations as they are received.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; adheres to all
HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in
person meetings and access to a computer without violating company
- Other related duties and responsibilities as determined by
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an office setting
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Insurances, etc.
- Experience with Insurance Eligibility verification
- Must be computer literate (programs, software, email,
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Typing and data entry skills required.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid
Here is what you can expect from us:
HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers) a progressive substance abuse
treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of
patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our
ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental
aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve
long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
HCRC (Health Care Resource Centers) is committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal,
State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the
basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship,
genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws.
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Westfield , Billing Specialist, Other , Westfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!