Winder 7 Assistant
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Now hiring! Come work at a place to build your future and be an
integral part of a fast-paced, safety-oriented, and growing
industry! We are an ESSENTIAL employer that is ACTIVELY HIRING at
our Westfield, MA facility!
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with
comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging
solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning
innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our
work by four core values that are the basis for our success:
Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac
has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment
and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work
environment for you.
We are actively seeking a Winder Assistant to join our growing
team. If you are a Winder Assistant looking for a new opportunity
with a leading packaging company, ProAmpac is looking for you to
join our team!
What ProAmpac has to offer:
- A unique, "4 on / 4 off" schedule (work 12 hour shifts for 4
days, then get 4 days off) - only work for half the year!
- Quarterly bonuses: perfect attendance bonus and gainshare
- Premium pay built into your shift schedule
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
- Company-provided life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellness program - living a healthy lifestyle can get you a
discount on your health insurance premiums AND other
This position will be responsible for assisting in the quality
operation of a high-speed rewinding/slitting line.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make necessary corrections for and notify operator if
non-conforming material is produced.
- Ensure proper packaging and labeling of finished product.
- Material movement by hand, forklift, roll handler and
- Responsible for creating internal packing list.
- Monitor and control of the process and production when operator
- Responsible for ensuring the wrapping area is cleaned prior to
- Recycling racks.
- Set-up and Clean-up machine.
- Other assignments or tasks as needed.
Work primarily in a non-climate controlled indoor environment
with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Hearing protection,
safety shoes and vision protection required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Climbing Stairs, Bending, Twisting, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling
- Walking or standing on concrete floors.
- Lifting is minimal, occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment/machinery safely.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good math and reading skills required.
- Prior operation of same or similar equipment preferred
- Work independently and as part of a team, effectively
communicate, good math and mechanical skills, get along with
others, positive attitude and well organized.
- Valid state issued driver's license.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to
manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing
priorities to meet deadlines.
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able
to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or
- Self-confident, self-motivated individual who thrives in a
challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
Keywords: ProAmpac, Westfield , Winder 7 Assistant, Other , Westfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!