Bookseller- Textbooks (Temp) Westfield State
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800
colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment
like no other - uniquely focused on delivering essential
educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail
environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact
directly with our customers including students, faculty,
administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community all while being part of a company that is consistently
rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they
Textbooks is a high energy, fast paced, detail oriented
department where change is a constant and your customer service,
listening, and problem solving skills will be exercised.
Ability to use department specific technology to answer
questions about course material, recommend products and/or
services, and help locate or obtain materials based on course
descriptions or customer needs.
- Greet customers and assist in the purchase or rental of books,
supplies, web orders, and/or with returns and refunds.
- Shelf, arrange, and categorize stock according to specific
criteria that changes quarterly or per semester.
- Clean the store and merchandise to maintain an appealing sales
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments.
- Temporary positions require availability to work on a weekly
basis for a period of 90 days or less with occasional weekends, and
flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be
considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication
skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
- Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc, Westfield , Bookseller- Textbooks (Temp) Westfield State, Other , Westfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!